Friday 18 January 2013

My Top 5 Natural Beauty Remedies

I have always been pretty gullable when it comes to old wives tales and love a cheap, natural remedy that works. I have previously tried rinsing my hair in coffee to darken it and even tested dabbing my eyebrows with milk in hope they would grow! (Please note, none of these were successful!) After many attempts, I was able to find 5 food products which aren't just for eating! Why splash the cash on beauty products when they are all there in your own pantry?

1) Water - Glowing Skin
I know it sounds ridiculously obvious but water really is the best-kept beauty secret. Drinking plenty of water can flush out toxins and cleanse your body. Splashing your face first thing in the morning and before you go to bed can also clear up any blemishes and leave your skin looking great.


2) Lemon - Removing Nail Polish and Lightening Hair
Chipped, tatty nails? And you cannot get it off no matter how hard you scrub? The perfect way of getting rid of old nail varnish is by sticking your fingertips into lemon halves. This makes the nail varnish brighter and easier to remove. Lemons are also great for lightening hair. When I was younger, my Mum would squeeze some lemons and apply over my hair like a conditioner, then rinse and shampoo as normal. This works best on blonde hair as natural highlights.


3) Vinegar - Darkening Hair
Vinegar does exactly the same job as lemon, except it darkens the hair instead. All you need to do is apply some over your hair, rinse and shampoo as normal!

 
4) Strawberries - Whitening Teeth

I was using my good ol' friend Google searching for a way to whiten my teeth. I came across lots of toothpastes and mouthwashes, which are very helpful, but I didn't like the idea of spending lots of money on products that may not even work. I was amazed to find out that strawberries are a natural teeth whitener because of their acid content. Simply, mash a ripe strawberry and dip your toothbrush into it and brush normally. Make sure you rinse your teeth thoroughly after!

5) Cucumber - Removing Eye Bags
I suffer from quite bad eye bags due to lack of sleep and constantly gazing at the computer screen. However, I was able to find a way of minimizing the dark circles under my eyes. All you need to do is slice a cold cucumber and then put it on both eyes.

I hope you found this blog interesting and a helpful way to save money and stay beautiful at the same time!






No comments:

Post a Comment