Monday 4 February 2013

Spilled Water by Sally Grindley


I have always loved English and used to read lots but as I moved to secondary school I am ashamed to admit my love for books kind of faded. Before I turn this into an utterly cheesy, deep story I am basically trying to say I have returned to my old hobby and have been getting into a few stories lately. One of my favourites is 'Spilled Water' by Sally Grindley. The story is about a little girl born in China who is sold as a domestic servant in order to earn some money for her beloved mother and brother. I have yet to complete the book, but so far I have fell in love with the story and haven't been able to put it down. I've enjoyed Sally Grindley's writing so much I have recently ordered another of her book's 'Bitter Chocolate' and cannot wait to read that. I would love to hear about any recommended books or authors you think are worth having a look at!

1 comment:

  1. hiya, you commented on my post asking if i'd like to follow and you'd follow back and we could work together and I'd love to. My blog is http://kirafelicialindxn.blogspot.co.uk/ and to contact me you can email me at http.kira@gmail.com. lovely blog btw, can't wait to here from you xx

    ReplyDelete